Dyfed Powys Police serve an area covering more than half of Wales and a population of over ½ a million which means the Force’s Legal Service’s Team have a broad range and high volume of legal work. For over 12 years Iken Desktop’s case and knowledge management system has been a core element in the legal teams’ ability to manage their complex workload. They recently upgraded to benefit from a range of functional enhancements, including but not limited to:
- Dashboard reporting – Graphical dashboard reports tailored to each user, accessible from the Iken home screen without the requirement of Iken MI
- Alerts – Enhancements to alerts functionality to aid day to day management of matters, including notifications based on Matters, Workflows, Diary Items, Time Periods & Billing – e.g. fee earners can be alerted that a matter has been created
- Document Versioning – versioned documents are more easily identifiable and allows the comparison of two versions of a document alongside each other in Word
- Archiving & Destruction – Enhancements allow for greater control of Matters/Cases & documentation
- Email Enhancements – Improved speed of integration between Microsoft Office Outlook and Iken Desktop
The Iken Desktop upgrade and accompanying product training were all successfully delivered remotely during the Covid-19 lockdown period.